From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: htop wants cgroups
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 20:14:52
1 Am Sun, 30 Apr 2017 12:36:03 -0700
2 schrieb Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>:
3
4 > On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Nikos Chantziaras
5 > <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > On 04/30/2017 08:33 PM, Jorge Almeida wrote:
7 > >>
8 > >> On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 9:40 AM, Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
9 > >> wrote:
10 > [...]
13 > > You can enable cgroups in the kernel and then simply not use them.
14 > > This will shut it up. It's what I do :-P
15 > >
16 > The warnings don't bother me that much, I just feel they are Bad
17 > Policy. Enabling cgroups would add unnecessary complexity to the
18 > kernel configuration, if only a bit.
19
20 On the other hand, if such warning weren't there, it would make
21 installing full-featured systems more difficult. And any experienced
22 Gentoo user can decide on her/his own how to react to such warnings.
23
24 I like to have such warnings in. It gives me hints what I like to have
25 and what not and gives me the opportunity to improve my knowledge by
26 researching on that warning.
27
28 An improvement could maybe be made: Such warnings could tell links into
29 the Gentoo wiki for further information on that topic.
32 Regards,
33 Kai
34
35 Replies to list-only preferred.