From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: dev-libs/nss-3.29.5 security level problem?
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 10:31:55
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 10 May 2018 10:48:06 BST Mick wrote:
3 >> Hi All,
4 >>
5 >> I just discovered the last nss update broke things completely on mozilla
6 >> apps which use nss. Firefox now refuses to connect to any site with https.
7 >> Trying to load google.com brings up this error message:
8 >>
9 >> =============================
10 >> Your connection is not secure
11 >>
12 >> The website tried to negotiate an inadequate level of security.
13 >>
14 >> www.google.com uses security technology that is outdated and vulnerable to
15 >> attack. An attacker could easily reveal information which you thought to be
16 >> safe. The website administrator will need to fix the server first before you
17 >> can visit the site.
18 >>
19 >> Error code: NS_ERROR_NET_INADEQUATE_SECURITY
20 >> ============================================
21 >>
22 >> Have you noticed the same?
23 >
24 > OK, looking further into this problem, it was not an update, but a downgrade
25 > which caused it. I had previously keyworded nss-3.36 which yesterday fell off
26 > the tree and portage downgraded nss to 3.29.5. I keyworded and emerge 3.37
27 > and all works as it should again. :-)
31 I ran into this as well.  There is a setting in about:config that you
32 can change that makes it work.  However, if you have a fix that is
33 better, your fix may be the best way.  I think it required disabling
34 something in about:config, which may not be good in the long run.
35
36 I may can dig up the link I found if you need it.
37
38 Dale
39