From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: dev-libs/nss-3.29.5 security level problem?
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 21:50:15
1 On Thursday, 10 May 2018 11:31:45 BST Dale wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > On Thursday, 10 May 2018 10:48:06 BST Mick wrote:
4 > >> Hi All,
5 > >>
6 > >> I just discovered the last nss update broke things completely on mozilla
7 > >> apps which use nss. Firefox now refuses to connect to any site with
8 > >> https.
9 [snip ...]
10
11 > >> Error code: NS_ERROR_NET_INADEQUATE_SECURITY
12 > >> ============================================
13 > >>
14 > >> Have you noticed the same?
15 > >
16 > > OK, looking further into this problem, it was not an update, but a
17 > > downgrade which caused it. I had previously keyworded nss-3.36 which
18 > > yesterday fell off the tree and portage downgraded nss to 3.29.5. I
19 > > keyworded and emerge 3.37 and all works as it should again. :-)
20 >
21 > I ran into this as well. There is a setting in about:config that you
22 > can change that makes it work. However, if you have a fix that is
23 > better, your fix may be the best way. I think it required disabling
24 > something in about:config, which may not be good in the long run.
25 >
26 > I may can dig up the link I found if you need it.
27 >
28 > Dale
29 >
33 Thank you Dale. I vaguely remember a post mentioning something like this.
34 Since a later nss version works, I'll run with this solution for now.
35 --
36 Regards,
37 Mick