From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Flash installation?
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 18:28:03
1 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> [09-10-26 19:04]:
2 > On 10/26/2009 07:54 PM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > >
4 > >Hi,
5 > >
6 > > ,,,after upgrading Firefox (->3.014) I was remembered
7 > > to install the Adobe Flash plugin.
8 > >
9 > > I first tried to install it via emerge which fails --
10 > > Firefox does not "see" the installation (yes, JavaScript
11 > > was enabled and NoScript instructed accordingly).
12 > >
13 > > From the Adobe website I downloaded the newest Flash plugin
14 > > for Linux in tar.gz.
15 > > Unpacking the archive only shed daylight on a library --
16 > > the installation, which was mentioned by Adobe was missing.
17 > >
18 > > So...how can I install Adobe Flashplayer or any other useable
19 > > alternative?
20 >
21 > You emerge it. If it doesn't work, then it's not because it's designed
22 > not to work, but because of some problem, obviously. In that case, you
23 > might want to file a bug about it (after making sure you tried with a
24 > clean firefox profile first).
25 >
26 > For reference, my system is AMD64, with
27 > www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.5.3-r1, and
28 > www-plugins/adobe-flash-10.0.32.18 [64bit multilib -32bit] and it works
29 > without problems.
32 Hi Nikos,
33
34 thanks a lot for your help! :)
35
36 Have a nice evening!
37 Best regards,
38 mcc
41 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
42 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
43 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
44 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.