From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub menu and the new openrc
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 01:37:24
1 On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 20:12, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Daniel da Veiga wrote:
4 >
5 >> I have a similar entry, but have never used the softlevel= flag, I simply
6 >> append "single" at the end of the kernel call and it boots in single user
7 >> (root password or ctrl+d to continue).
10 > I did get this to work:
11 >
12 > title Gentoo single user
13 > kernel (hd0,0)/bzImage-2.6.38-r5-1 root=/dev/sda3 rw single
14 >
15 > So, all I need now is to figure out how to get this work:
18 > title Gentoo boot level
19 > kernel (hd0,0)/bzImage-2.6.38-r5-1 root=/dev/sda3 softlevel=boot
20 >
21 > It appears the softlevel= is no longer working with the new openrc. It
22 > looks like the docs need to be updated. I also tried init= and it doesn't
23 > work either.
24 >
25 > Time to go farther up the food chain I guess. The docs need to be changed
26 > at least.
29 Updated docs are always good, but I wonder why do you need this.
30 If I need single user I simply press "e", edit the line and add single,
31 followed by a "b" to boot. That is a for maintenance only so I really don't
32 see a need for it at grub menu, same wth the other runlevels, all you gotta
33 do is append "nox" or use Interactive (again, this is only if something is
34 broken, I can't see myself doing this twice in a week)...
37 Daniel da Veiga