From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: A tiny titillating taste of grub2
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 01:06:33
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 01/10/2011 01:37 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> pk wrote:
4 >>> On 2011-01-10 14:05, walt wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>> You guys may be losing interest in grub2, but I'm having fun, so...
7 >
8 >>> Although I've not been involved in this discussion I still enjoy your
9 >>> progress (I've been meaning to try out grub2 myself since grub1 is
10 >>> basically EOLed but haven't had the time yet)... please continue!
11 >
12 >> Same here. I'm noticing how complicated this thing is.
13 >
14 > I'm sorry I've given that impression -- the complicated part is finding
15 > comprehensible examples to copy, but thanks to your previous links I'm
16 > gaining on it. I'm now able to write a functioning grub.cfg file for
17 > grub2, but I don't want to publish prematurely ;)
18
19 It wasn't just you, it was other things I read too.
22 >> Does it have audio too?
23 >
24 > Yes, but very primitive. No speech, but you can give it a series of
25 > numbers representing tones and durations -- to make it sound like a
26 > video game arcade. If you really want to. But I don't.
31 Oh God, it can make sounds. O_O
32
33 Dale
34