From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Deleted kdevelop ebuilds
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 01:39:02
1 On Sunday, March 01, 2015 3:01:09 AM Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > On 27/02/15 19:07, Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
3 > >
4 > > I've been using kdevelop-4.7.0 (unstable) for a while and it was working
5 just
6 > > fine. Then about a couple weeks ago it's ebuild got deleted from the
7 portage
8 > > tree and replaced with kdevelop-4.7.1 which is broken (I have issues with
9 > > remote debugging).
10 > >
11 > > Why does a good ebuild gets replaced with a broken one? Is there any way
13 > > make sure that packages that I'm using don't get removed from the portage
14 tree
15 > > or at least that the package doesn't get downgraded automatically. Right
16 now
17 > > if I install an unstable package by keywording a specific version and it
18 gets
19 > > deleted you get downgraded the next time you run emerge -vauDN so you have
20 no
21 > > simple way of going back to your working configuration since the ebuild is
22 > > gone.
25 > Don't forget to file a bug so we can track your issue.
26
27 Should I file one with gentoo even if it's an upstream bug?
30 Fernando Rodriguez