From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Deleted kdevelop ebuilds
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 16:01:33
1 On 27/02/15 19:07, Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
2 >
3 > I've been using kdevelop-4.7.0 (unstable) for a while and it was working just
4 > fine. Then about a couple weeks ago it's ebuild got deleted from the portage
5 > tree and replaced with kdevelop-4.7.1 which is broken (I have issues with
6 > remote debugging).
7 >
8 > Why does a good ebuild gets replaced with a broken one? Is there any way to
9 > make sure that packages that I'm using don't get removed from the portage tree
10 > or at least that the package doesn't get downgraded automatically. Right now
11 > if I install an unstable package by keywording a specific version and it gets
12 > deleted you get downgraded the next time you run emerge -vauDN so you have no
13 > simple way of going back to your working configuration since the ebuild is
14 > gone.
17 Don't forget to file a bug so we can track your issue.