From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Deleted kdevelop ebuilds
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 08:09:46
1 I've been using kdevelop-4.7.0 (unstable) for a while and it was working just
2 fine. Then about a couple weeks ago it's ebuild got deleted from the portage
3 tree and replaced with kdevelop-4.7.1 which is broken (I have issues with
4 remote debugging).
5
6 Why does a good ebuild gets replaced with a broken one? Is there any way to
7 make sure that packages that I'm using don't get removed from the portage tree
8 or at least that the package doesn't get downgraded automatically. Right now
9 if I install an unstable package by keywording a specific version and it gets
10 deleted you get downgraded the next time you run emerge -vauDN so you have no
11 simple way of going back to your working configuration since the ebuild is
12 gone.
15 Fernando Rodriguez