From: Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Deleted kdevelop ebuilds
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 13:41:13
1 > On Feb 27, 2015, at 9:07, Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Why does a good ebuild gets replaced with a broken one? Is there any way to
4 > make sure that packages that I'm using don't get removed from the portage tree
5 > or at least that the package doesn't get downgraded automatically. Right now
6 > if I install an unstable package by keywording a specific version and it gets
7 > deleted you get downgraded the next time you run emerge -vauDN so you have no
8 > simple way of going back to your working configuration since the ebuild is
9 > gone.
10
11 I would do it like this:
12
13 Make an overlay of your own and copy the wanted ebuild there. Mask the package and unmask the version you copied to the overlay.
14
15 Of course there are also other ways....
16
17 You can download an old portage snapshot to get the deleted ebuild back.
20 -Matti