From: Melleus <melleus@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: TRAMP is not working
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2018 12:08:31
1 Melleus <melleus@×××××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> writes:
4 >
5 >> On Monday, September 3, 2018 2:51:11 PM CEST Melleus wrote:
6 >>> Hi all!
7 >>>
8 >>> After emerging new Emacs (v.26) I got TRAMP broken. I do not use it
9 >>> often, so I hit the problem only today. Instead of opening file it
10 >>> complains with the following message (regardless of protocols and
11 >>> local/remote files):
12 >>>
13 >>> "Couldn't find local shell prompt for zsh"
14 >>>
15 >>> I might be possibly doing something wrong, but before the update there
16 >>> were no issues. Reading TRAMP manual brought to me no enlightenment on
17 >>> what's happening either.
18 >>>
19 >>> Thanks ahead.
20 >>
21 >> Is "zsh" installed and working?
22 >>
23 >> --
24 >> Joost
25 >
26 > Yes, sure. And it is available for Emacs terminal:
27 >
28 > me@myhost ~ % sh
29 > sh-4.4$ zsh
30 > me@myhost ~ % exit
31 > sh-4.4$ exit
32 > exit
33 > me@myhost ~ %
34
35 I have found the solution: from now on there should be the following stanza:
36
37 [ $TERM = "dumb" ] && unsetopt zle && PS1='$ '
38
39 put in .zshrc file.
40
41 (source: https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/27410/cant-connect-with-tramp-tramp-file-name-handler-couldn-t-find-local-shell-prom#27418)
42
43 I do not quite understand why I could not find that in manual.
44 But anyway TRAMP is working now.