From: Melleus <melleus@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: TRAMP is not working
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2018 22:05:00
1 "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > On Monday, September 3, 2018 2:51:11 PM CEST Melleus wrote:
4 >> Hi all!
5 >>
6 >> After emerging new Emacs (v.26) I got TRAMP broken. I do not use it
7 >> often, so I hit the problem only today. Instead of opening file it
8 >> complains with the following message (regardless of protocols and
9 >> local/remote files):
10 >>
11 >> "Couldn't find local shell prompt for zsh"
12 >>
13 >> I might be possibly doing something wrong, but before the update there
14 >> were no issues. Reading TRAMP manual brought to me no enlightenment on
15 >> what's happening either.
16 >>
17 >> Thanks ahead.
18 >
19 > Is "zsh" installed and working?
20 >
21 > --
22 > Joost
23
24 Yes, sure. And it is available for Emacs terminal:
25
26 me@myhost ~ % sh
27 sh-4.4$ zsh
28 me@myhost ~ % exit