From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternative to thunderbird?
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 23:40:34
1 On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 23:24:37 +0000
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 23:33:24 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >
6 > > > I might be a little bit on the radical side, but with seeing the
7 > > > whole KDEPIM debacle I migrated to GNOME 3 and Evolution. It took
8 > > > me some time to get used to it but I like it.
9 >
10 > > No, I wouldn't say that's radical. I would say that is common sense.
11 > >
12 > > A core piece of KDE didn't work for you, and you need that core
13 > > piece to work right.
14 >
15 > I wouldn't call KDEPIM a core piece of KDE. If it were core, it
16 > probably wouldn't have been allowed to get into the state it is in.
19 Let me elaborate. Not so much a core piece of KDE itself so that
20 everything else needs it to work, more a core piece in that the average
21 user feels the DE is severely neutered without it.
24 Alan McKinnnon
25 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com