From: Chad Feller <cfeller@××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CRON (Vixie) not working for local users ...
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:57:39
1 I haven't tried this on gentoo, but in general, and on other linux distros:
2
3 from crontab(1):
4
5 If the cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in
6 order
7 to be allowed to use this command. If the cron.allow file
8 does not
9 exist but the cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be
10 listed in
11 the cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of
12 these
13 files exists, only the super user will be allowed to use this
14 command.
15
16 Let me know if gentoo adheres to that also.
17
18 Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
19 > Hello!
20 >
21 > I have several local users on my machine that are members of the cron
22 > group. Vixie-Cron runs as my cron agent. It is running. However,
23 > when I setup jobs to run in the users crontab, they are NEVER
24 > executed. Not once, not ever! It seems that the ONLY jobs that run
25 > are via /etc/cron*
26 >
27 > Am I missing something?
28 >