From: "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CRON (Vixie) not working for local users ...
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:57:19
1 Chad Feller wrote:
2 > I haven't tried this on gentoo, but in general, and on other linux
3 > distros:
4 >
5 > from crontab(1):
6 >
7 > If the cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein
8 > in order
9 > to be allowed to use this command. If the cron.allow file
10 > does not
11 > exist but the cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be
12 > listed in
13 > the cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither
14 > of these
15 > files exists, only the super user will be allowed to use this
16 > command.
17 >
18 > Let me know if gentoo adheres to that also.
19 >
20 cron.allow does not exist and cron.deny does exist, but no users are in
21 it. Cron SHOULD be working.
22
23 Tom Veldhouse
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list