From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NAS for Windows - does any Wiki solution 'just work'?
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 15:44:51
1 On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 7:49 AM, Spidey <spideybr@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 10:38, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3 <SNIP>
4 >>
5 >> Years ago I tried this basic guide:
6 >>
7 >> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/quick-samba-howto.xml
8 >>
9 >> I don't remember why but I didn't have much luck with it. However it's
10 >> been updated and cleaned up a lot so maybe it's OK.
11 >>
12 >> Thanks in advance for any ideas.
13 >>
14 >> Cheers,
15 >> Mark
18 > The easiest solution, most used, is probably SAMBA. You should give it a
19 > chance again.
22 Yes. Samba is the basis of the link above, and I figure it's going to
23 be the underlying technology that does the work. I was just wondering
24 if there was a more user oriented, possibly GUI based app that did all
25 the dirty work sort of like the CUPS web interface does with CUPS
26 configuration.
27
28 Thanks,
29 Mark