From: Jeff Smelser <tradergt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MySQL Upgrade
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 15:11:06
1 On Tuesday 01 November 2005 04:58 pm, C. Beamer wrote:
2
3 > A better description would have been that the restore worked. However,
4 > the only database that was restored was the test database. The database
5 > that I had created by creating a directory that was named after the
6 > database that I had created when using FC4 and then copying my database
7 > related files into it, did not back up. Hence my assumption that
8 > because the database was *not* created in MySQL under Gentoo, perhaps
9 > this was the reason that the backup did not "pick up" (for lack of a
10 > better description) this database.
11
12 How were you backing/restoring it from, if you were not using mysqldump then?
13 I have done the above several times, and its always backed it up.
14
15 Trying to figure out what went wrong here..
16
17 Jeff