From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System maintenance procedure?
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 05:16:53
1 > > I think you're right about that. Can I configure eclean to wait a
2 > > certain number of days since a package was removed before cleaning it?
3 > > Even if I only run it once per week, it could remove a package that
4 > > was updated yesterday that I find out I need tomorrow.
5 > >
6 > > - Grant
9 > -t, --time-limit=<time> don't delete files modified since <time>
10 > <time> is an amount of time: "1y" is "one year", "2w" is "two weeks", etc.
11 > Units are: y (years), m (months), w (weeks), d (days) and h (hours).
12
13 Thanks Dale.
14
15 > I found that in man eclean.
16
17 I'm sorry, I didn't consider a parameter like that for some reason.
18
19 Should it be alright to depclean every day? As long as I use --time-limit
20 with 'eclean packages', I should be able to reinstall anything that
21 depclean removes even if it's pruned from Portage.
22
23 - Grant