From: Jonas de Buhr <jonas.de.buhr@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Should I be worried that I won't be able to dual boot in Gentoo?
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 20:27:39
1 >I am assuming that unlike the old days when I used to boot Linux on
2 >PCs using a floppy with SmartBootManager, now we'll need to generate
3 >some key/hash for our freshly compiled kernel, then add it to the BIOS
4 >firmware and flash the BIOS with it before we are able to boot into it?
5 >
6 >Is it more complicated than that?
7
8 how are you going to write to the bios if it doesn't let you?
9
10 maybe you are determined enough to manually flash the chip every time
11 you update grub but i think thats a buzzkill for >90% of the users ;)