From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suggestions for a minimalistic system
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 17:59:59
1 On Saturday 20 January 2007 12:32, Avaricen <avaricen@×××××.com> wrote
2 about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Suggestions for a minimalistic system':
3 > Luke Ravitch wrote:
4 > > On 2007-01-19 09:45, Vlad Dogaru <ddvlad@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > >> I am especially looking for a browser to substitute Firefox.
6 > >> I've tried Conkeror for Firefox, but it's too Emacs-centric
7 > >> (vim person here) and also disables tabs (or maybe it's me -- I
8 > >> couldn't get them to work).
9 > >
10 > > I'd never heard of Conkeror, so I started playing with it. I really
11 > > like it (but *I* am an Emacs guy). If you do "M-x use-vi-keys" (where
12 > > "M-x" is probably Alt-x on your machine) then it feels more vi-like
13 > >
14 > > It doesn't seem to do tabs, but it will open pages in different
15 > > (Emacs-like) buffers.
16 > >
17 > > Of course, Conkeror is still Firefox underneath, so that won't help
18 > > with it being a memory hog.
19 >
20 > You mean Konqueror.
21
22 No, Konqueror doesn't use Firefox or any Gecko technology underneath. I
23 believe the KDE developers are calling their technology (that is also used
24 the KDE applications KHTML parts) either webkit or webcore.
25
26 Also, as far as I know, Konqueror doesn't have this strange emacs-like
27 behavior and definitely has normal tabs.
30 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
31 bss03@××××××××××.net ((_/)o o(\_))
32 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
33 http://iguanasuicide.org/ \_/