From: Jacques Montier <jacmonti@×××××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XFCE4 Panel missing
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 19:55:31
1 Sigfrido V. Ortiz C. a gentiment tapote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 > Due to I have read here nice comment about XFCE4 desktop windows
4 > manager, I'm testing it In my old box, so everything is fine until I
5 > add de Weather Applet (kfce4-weather).
6 > I can setup it [weather applet], nice it works, but once I closed the
7 > session and after back, The XFCE panel disappears and I can not
8 > recover it any more.
9 > I deleted .config and .cache to back to default, so if I install any
10 > application like browsers, mail client and so on, everything is OK,
11 > but If I add the weather monitor, the XFCE Panel disappears after
12 > close the session again.
13 >
14 > Some now how ti fix it?
15 >
16 > For your reference I' m using:
17 > Firefox 2. , Opera 9.x , OOo 2.1 , Netscape Mail 7.2 fro this account,
18 > Kmail for my job, Claws-mail for Gmail account, Kernel 2.6.18-gentoo-r2
19 > Also I use KDE 3.5.5 and is weather applet works fine, but KDE is to
20 > heavy for my old box, everything take a long time to work. XFCE is
21 > more fast and light, so I would like to fix this problem.
22 >
23 > Thaks in advance
24 > Sigfrido
25
26 Hi,
27
28 Did you try xfrun4 ( Alt + F2), then xfce4-panel ?
31 Jacques
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list