From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Dash as /bin/sh?
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 18:45:31
1 On Saturday 02 September 2006 14:10, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 04:06:15 +0200, Harm Geerts wrote:
3 > > > A 20% reduction in boot time is a reasonable impact IMO.
4 > >
5 > > Any chance that was a fluke?
6 >
7 > I ran the test several times, and switched back top bash to confirm. The
8 > boot times were consistent, within the accuracy of the idiot holding the
9 > stopwatch :)
10
11 The only downside to this is that some emerges will fail if they rely on
12 bash's enhanced features. I just did the roundy-round with this and ffmepg.
13 Linking sh back to bash allowed the emerge to complete. The failure, by the
14 way, was during configure.
18 Jerry
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list