From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Dash as /bin/sh?
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 11:58:26
1 · Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>:
2
3 > On Saturday 02 September 2006 14:10, Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 >> On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 04:06:15 +0200, Harm Geerts wrote:
5 >> > > A 20% reduction in boot time is a reasonable impact IMO.
6 >> >
7 >> > Any chance that was a fluke?
8 >>
9 >> I ran the test several times, and switched back top bash to confirm. The
10 >> boot times were consistent, within the accuracy of the idiot holding the
11 >> stopwatch :)
12 >
13 > The only downside to this is that some emerges will fail if they rely on
14 > bash's enhanced features.
15
16 But those are broken ebuilds. If they need bash, then they've got
17 to call bash and not sh, which has to be POSIX compliant and nothing
18 more.
19
20 > I just did the roundy-round with this and ffmepg.
21 > Linking sh back to bash allowed the emerge to complete. The failure, by the
22 > way, was during configure.
23
24 With ffmpeg?
25 >
26 > Jerry
27
28 Alexander Skwar
29 --
30 Distrust all those who love you extremely upon a very slight acquaintance
31 and without any visible reason.
32 -- Lord Chesterfield
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list