From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] app-portage/repoman-3.0.3-r2 slot conflict
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 02:38:16
1 Julien Roy wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > On 7/24/22 21:51, Dale wrote:
5 >> Howdy,
6 >>
7 >> I been getting a error message about repoman not being in good shape for
8 >> a while.  I thought maybe it was something that would be fixed soon
9 >> enough or it would spit out a error that makes sense to me.  Well, been
10 >> a few weeks and it is still complaining about it.  I tried to update
11 >> repoman itself so that it would give the most information.  It doesn't
12 >> say much when doing my usual world update except that it is skipping it.
13 >> This is the most informative error I can get it to give me.
14 >
15 > Repoman has been deprecated [1]; its recommended replacement is pkgdev
18 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Repoman
22 Well that explains it.  I have --oneshot in make.conf to keep my world
23 file clean.  When I read your post, I looked and repoman was in the
24 world file.  I have no clue why I put it in there.  I don't even know
25 when I put it there.  So, I unmerged it and made sure it is removed from
26 the world file.  I don't know if I even need pkgdev so I'm running
27 emerge -auDN world to see if anything depends on it.  Waiting . . .
28 waiting . . . waiting.  It says nothing needs it, I have no idea why I
29 need it either so, I have a nice clean output from emerge again.
30
31 Thanks much for the help.  Never occurred to me that it was in the world
32 file and is dead.  :/   I figured I did it.  ROFL
33
34 Dale
35