From: "Arthur D." <spinal.by@××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 20:12:41
1 James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com> ïèñàë(à) â ñâî¸ì ïèñüìå Thu, 01 Oct
2 2009 22:04:38 +0300:
3
4 > The Gentoo Way of doing things is to stick as close to "vanilla"
5 > upstream as possible, and to enable you to have complete control over
6 > your box, including configurations. In other words, if you want
7 > something configured differently than vanilla, you have to do the work.
8
9 James, what vanilla are you speaking about?
10 I used vanilla sudo in my LinuxFromScratch system for several years and
11 I nevert noticed that VIsudo tries to force me with some other editor than
12 VI.
13 Maybe it's called VIsudo because VIM is better alternative for VANILLA,
14 hah?
15 I think it's most reasonably to omit that hardcoding line from ebuild.
16 I'm sure visudo will notice the user about what should be done to make it
17 work
18 as expected and that's better behaviour than complaining about missing
19 /bin/nano,
20 don't u think so?