From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM Recovery....
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 21:31:06
1 Well...I'm fairly certain that data recovery might not be very easy - or cheap for the matter.
2 The system gets stuck during POST while trying to detect the SATA drive.
3
4 Using "vgreduce --removemissing" will be okay - once I verify the current state of the VG.
5 Is there a way to do so _with_ it trying to detect the existence of the partitions or drives? i.e. skip an integrity check and just print out what it thinks the VG is comprised of - that's really what I want at the moment.
6
7 Ben
11 ----- Original Message ----
12 From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
13 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
14 Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2008 7:14:30 PM
15 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM Recovery....
16
17 vgreduce --removemissing
18
19 However there's no gaurantee you'll be able to recover your data (LVM is
20 not redundancy).
21
22 -a