From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] leafnode and xinetd?
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 11:35:46
1 On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 11:10:02AM +0200, Indi wrote:
2 > On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 11:20:01PM +0200, James Cloos wrote:
3 > > >>>>> "I" == Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com> writes:
4 > >
5 > > Leafnode works fine here.
6 > >
7 > > I> Output of xinetd -d
8 > >
9 > > Looks fine.
10 > >
11 > > In addition to the other reply's suggestions, does running
12 > > /usr/sbin/leafnode from a root shell work?
13 > >
14 > > Have you run fetchnews at least once?
17 > Tried everything including removing nearly all security just to see if
18 > it could work, but nothing. I can connect to various ports for other
19 > purposes (mpd, sshd are fine) but leafnode will not accept connections
20 > no matter what I do. So unless there's a suggestion I haven't already
21 > tried (doubtful, I tend to be thorough as only the obssessive can be)
22 > I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "it doesn't work on this system".
23 >
24 > Since there might be all of four gentoo users actually running leafnode,
25 > it isn't surprising if it doesn't work on every configuration.
28 Solved, and apparently it was a PEBKAC error.
29 Deleted all related configs and recreated them from scratch and now it
30 works. My eyesight is quite poor, odds are there was a type-oh in one
31 of the configs fouling it up.
32
33 Sorry for the noise!
36 caveat utilitor