From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Advice needed regarding udisks
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 05:40:06
1 >>> Just saying you should be using `udisksctl` command instead of the now
2 >>> obsolete `udisks` command
3 >>>
4 >>> udisksctl command = new udisks 2
5 >>> udisks command = old udisks 1
6 >>
7 >> OK, but first I need to figure out how to get gvfs to use udisks instead
8 >> of gdu.
9 >
10 > by emerging gnome-base/gvfs from ~arch with USE="udev udisks"
11 >
12 > the stable gnome-base/gvfs is not compatible with UDisks 2.1
13 >
14 > but by upgrading gnome-base/gvfs on stable to ~arch version with USE="udev
15 > udisks" is then again not compatible all the way with GNOME 2.x, so that's
16 > why it's still in ~arch
17
18 If I keyword gvfs I get into trouble because gobject-introspection
19 wants <dev-libs/glib-2.33 and gvfs wants >=dev-libs/glib-2.36.
20
21 - Grant