From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] firefox (mis)behavior
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 00:19:33
1 Yesterday monring, out of curiosity, I rebuilt firefox with the
2 mozbranding flag. Curiously, bookmarks weren't working. I could click
3 on "Bookmarks" and see the proper list, but efforts to open any of them
4 failed without any messages and without the screen changing.
5 "Organize bookmarks" brings up a blank page (lacking bookmarks).
6
7 Yesterday evening I learned that a new ebuild (firefox-2.0.0.2) was
8 available, so I emerged that (without the mozbranding flag). Now I
9 have Bon Echo and the same bookmark mis-behavior.
10
11 My bookmark file, i.e.
12 ~/.mozilla/firefox/fad468fx.default/bookmarks.html seems to be intact
13 and is accessible as file:///home/relson/...
14
15 As an additional detail, after loading a page, the busy (whirly) icon
16 in firefox's upper right corner is busy whirling. AFAICT it's not
17 going to stop.
18
19 Has anyone seen this behavior? Does anyone know what to to about it?
20
21 Regards,
22
23 David