From: Marco Calviani <marco.calviani@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] K8M800 via video card support
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:14:49
1 Hi Daniel,
2 thanks for sharing your experience. The only "problem" in getting
3 an Nvidia or ATI video card is that they rely on closed source
4 proprietary drivers (apart for "older" ATI card for which the xorg
5 radeon drivers works well); on the contrary i've seen that the
6 unichrome driver became open source, but however googling around i've
7 seen many people getting into trouble for make it working....
8
9 thanks again,
10 MC
11