From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No Mousewheel in X and ctrl-alt-backspace not working
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 19:11:37
1 On Monday 19 April 2010 09:44:50 Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
2 > In <201004180915.01070.michaelkintzios@×××××.com> michaelkintzios@×××××.com
3 (Mick) writes:
4 > >--nextPart1570133.id33PBG5uM
5 > >Content-Type: Text/Plain;
6 > > charset="iso-8859-15"
7 > >Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
8 > >
9 > >On Sunday 18 April 2010 08:53:43 Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
10 > >> Hi,
11 > >>=20
12 > >> for whatever reason my mousewheel is no longer working after upgrading
13 > >> zu the latest X-Org server (and corresponding libraries). Here's the
14 > >> excerpt from the xorg.conf that is relevant:
15 > >>=20
16 > >> Section "InputDevice"
17 > >>=20
18 > >> Identifier "Mouse1"
19 > >> Driver "mouse"
20 > >> Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
21 > >> Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"
22 > >> Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
23 > >>=20
24 > >> I had to rebuild the mouse-drive for ABI changes but that didn't fix
25 > >> the problem. Any input is welcome.
26 > >>=20
27 > >> Also ctrl-alt-backspace to kill X does not work anymore. DonZap is
28 > >> commented out. Clues in that regard would be welcome as well.
29 > >
30 > >I case you missed it, did you rebuild all the relevant drivers including
31 > > x1= 1-
32 > >drivers/xf86-input-mouse or whatever your hardware requires?
33 >
34 > Yes I rebuilt mouse and keyboard cause in the first shot they weren't
35 > working at all. I didn't build evdev but at the moment I am not using it.
36 > Or is it used inherently?
37
38 For the 2 minutes it might take I would rebuild it and see what gives. I have
39 found that two of my boxen would not work without it - yours may be the same.
40 --
41 Regards,
42 Mick