From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Legacy GRUB vs GRUB2
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 05:04:32
1 On 6/22/2010 1:46 PM, Bill Longman wrote:
2 >
3 > Because of EFI firmware, that's why mobos would effect it. Like the Sun
4 > Openboot PROM docs say somewhere: "BIOS? We don't need no stinkin'
5 > BIOS". Same with the lame x86 status quo. At least nowadays we could
6 > have two different versions of it on board and it's not a hardware chip
7 > anymore, but, compared to most other intelligent platforms, PC BIOS is
8 > pretty braindead.
11 For the record only Sun servers have ever made me utter, "Let me get
12 this straight. I have to update the firware on the POWER SUPPLY too?!?"
13 E6500s circa '99.
14
15 kashani