From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] swap usage creeping up
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 03:56:21
1 Adam Carter wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com
4 > <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>> wrote:
7 > That was about the time mine got changed. I always wondered how
8 > that got changed. Since I added it to rc.conf, that should keep
9 > it from getting changed again. May want to do the same on yours too.
12 > Usually you put stuff like that in /etc/sysctl.conf. IIRC the key is
13 > vm.swappiness.
16 Looking at the man page, I would think you are correct but I don't see a
17 example on that setting. I'll have to google for it I guess.
18
19 Putting it in rc.conf does work tho. I also used to have to adjust my
20 fan divisor settings and I did that in rc.conf as well.
21
22 Dale
23