From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] swap usage creeping up
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 04:36:16
1 > Usually you put stuff like that in /etc/sysctl.conf. IIRC the key is
2 > vm.swappiness.
6 > Looking at the man page, I would think you are correct but I don't see a
7 > example on that setting. I'll have to google for it I guess.
8 >
9 > Putting it in rc.conf does work tho. I also used to have to adjust my fan
10 > divisor settings and I did that in rc.conf as well.
14 IIRC you're using "echo 10 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness". If it were me if
15 would use vm.swappiness=10 in sysctl since in this case the control option
16 is available, then fall back to /etc/conf.d/local.start for "echo 10 >" type
17 stuff if there was no sysctl option.