From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python-2.7 && python-updater
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 19:13:48
1 On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 20:09:50 +0100, Stéphane Guedon wrote:
3 >
4 >> I think wicd rely on python 2.6 currently. This is my setup on my
5 >> laptop ! (trying other version break networking with wicd).
6 >
7 > Wicd works fine with 2.7. There was a problem when 2,7 was first
8 > released, but that was fixed in a Wicd update.
11 > --
12 > Neil Bothwick
13
14 I've been through this 2.7 update process on 4 machines now. It seems
15 on all of my machines the python-updater thing is pretty much always
16 broken with respect to:
17
18 openoffice-bin
19 boost
20 emul-linux-x86-baselibs
21
22 No matter how many times I rerun things it just wants to keep rebuilding them.
23
24 What's weird is that no two machine see exactly the same. Some only
25 fail with one of those packages, others fail with 2 or 3. Rerunning
26 phython-updater, or lafilefixer, or revdep-rebuild or removing them
27 completely and letting emerge -DuN @world reinstall them changes
28 nothing. They just go on failing the same way.
29
30 Waste of time so far...
31
32 - Mark