From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --depclean and python needed by scribus.
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 12:45:42
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 4:43 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi folks,
5 >>
6 >> Can someone tell me what this means?
7 >>
8 >> root@smoker / # emerge -p --depclean
9 >>
10 >> * Always study the list of packages to be cleaned for any obvious
11 >> * mistakes. Packages that are part of the world set will always
12 >> * be kept. They can be manually added to this set with
13 >> * `emerge --noreplace <atom>`. Packages that are listed in
14 >> * package.provided (see portage(5)) will be removed by
15 >> * depclean, even if they are part of the world set.
16 >> *
17 >> * As a safety measure, depclean will not remove any packages
18 >> * unless *all* required dependencies have been resolved. As a
19 >> * consequence, it is often necessary to run `emerge --update
20 >> * --newuse --deep @system @world` prior to depclean.
21 >>
22 >> Calculating dependencies... done!
23 >>
24 >>>>> Checking for lib consumers...
25 >>>>> Assigning files to packages...
26 >>>>>
27 >> * In order to avoid breakage of link level dependencies, one or more
28 >> * packages will not be removed. This can be solved by rebuilding the
29 >> * packages that pulled them in.
30 >> *
31 >> * dev-lang/python-2.5.4-r3 pulled in by:
32 >> * app-office/scribus-1.3.3.11
33 >> *
34 >>
35 >>>>> Adding lib providers to graph...
36 >>>>>
37 >> \
38 >> Calculating dependencies... done!
41 >> I have re-compiled scribus about three times now. I have also ran
42 >> python-updater a few times and it just keeps rebuilding scribus and
43 >> boost in a endless loop. What am I missing here?
44 >>
45 >> Thanks.
46 >>
47 >> Dale
48 >>
49 >> :-) :-)
54 > Possibly scribus isn't compatible with python-2.6? The few times I've
55 > run into this with depclean I've removed the app (scribus in this
56 > case) cleaned up the machine with depclean and revdep-rebuild, and
57 > then reinstalled the app from scratch. If it tries to pull in
58 > phython-2.5 then you just have to make a choice whether you want it or
59 > not. (Or look for a mased ebuild, etc.
60 >
61 > - Mark
66 LOL Since I would rather try to remove Scribus than python, I'll remove
67 Scribus, do some cleaning, then reinstall and see what happens. We all
68 know what could happen if I remove python that portage is using. o_O
69
70 I'll report back if it continues after all this. Thanks to both Alan
71 and Mark on this one. I was getting drunk going around in circles with
72 this.
73
74 Dale
75