From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo still on the right path?
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 00:27:30
1 On 11/16/05, Derek Tracy <tracyde@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > What I am complaining about is that neither of the drivers will work.
3
4 What doesn't work? Does the module build? Does it load? What errors
5 do you get? Does it work if you run the same kernel version and
6 driver you used before?
7
8 If the combination of a specific kernel version and driver doesn't
9 work with your card, report it via bugs.gentoo.org (and preferably
10 also the ipw2200 bug tracker).
11
12 > I have tried both ways. My reasoning for taking my old config was
13 > originally for the Modeline info. The only reason that I arbitrarily threw
14 > it into the newly built system was because the X -configure did not work
15 > (even after I switched the dev/mouse to /dev/input/mice) I get the same
16 > error with both of the configs.
17
18 Post the /var/log/xorg.0.log file with the error (in a new thread
19 please!), so we can help figure out what the problem is. Lots of
20 people are using nvidia graphics boards with Gentoo, with the
21 proprietary drivers, so in the absence of any actual data, the
22 assumption has to be it is something specific with your configuration.
23
24 -Richard
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list