From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE update puzzle : solved
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 13:06:20
1 210919 antlists wrote:
2 > On 19/09/2021 08:03, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> Portage ought to be able to recognise when a set of pkgs
4 >> are creating destructive circular dependencies among themselves
5 >> & resolve the conflict by updating all of them together.
6 > Until you hit my version of the problem,
7 > where if a is not there, b crashes when you try to build it ...
8 > And of course, installing a crashes because b is not there ...
9
10 So you emerge both together :
11 I've never run into a version of your case where that wasn't the solution.
12 And I don't expect anything like that to happen
13 with a related group of pkgs like Qt or KDE.
17 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
18 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
19 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca