From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konsole issue
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 20:02:54
1 On 01/01/12 14:48, Dale wrote:
2 > Colleen Beamer wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I seem to have lost the command prompt in konsole and can't figure out
6 >> how to get it back. I did google this, but didn't see anything
7 >> relevant. Any ideas?
8 >>
9 >> Thanks and Happy New Year.
10 >>
11 >> Colleen
15 > Hmmm, are you talking some custom setup using 'PS1=' sort of thing?
16 That is in:
17 >
18 > /etc/bash/bashrc
19 >
20 > For reference, I have this:
21 >
22 > PS1='\[\033[01;31m\]\u@\h \[\033[01;34m\]\w \$ \[\033[00m\]'
23 >
24 > and that gives me this:
25 >
26 > root@fireball / #
27 >
28 > The path is shown but I am at /. That works the same on a console as it
29 does on a Konsole. Is that what you are talking about? If it is, here is
30 some neato info:
31 >
32 > http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-tip-prompt/
33 >
34 > Dale
35 >
36 > :-) :-)
37 >
38 > P. S. Happy New Year ma'am.
39 >
40 I can't type anything in the konsole window (in KDE). When I exit kde
41 by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F1 and type echo $PS1, I get output similar to what
42 you have posted above (PS1='\[\033[01;31m\]\u@\h \[\033[01;34m\]\w \$
43 \[\033[00m\]' ). I don't recall exactly what my output is because the
44 only way I can get a command prompt is by exiting kde.
45
46 I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling konsole to no avail.
47
48 Regards,
49
50 Colleen