From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konsole issue
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 19:49:38
1 Colleen Beamer wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I seem to have lost the command prompt in konsole and can't figure out
5 > how to get it back. I did google this, but didn't see anything
6 > relevant. Any ideas?
7 >
8 > Thanks and Happy New Year.
9 >
10 > Colleen
14 Hmmm, are you talking some custom setup using 'PS1=' sort of thing?
15 That is in:
16
17 /etc/bash/bashrc
18
19 For reference, I have this:
20
21 PS1='\[\033[01;31m\]\u@\h \[\033[01;34m\]\w \$ \[\033[00m\]'
22
23 and that gives me this:
24
25 root@fireball / #
26
27 The path is shown but I am at /. That works the same on a console as it
28 does on a Konsole. Is that what you are talking about? If it is, here
29 is some neato info:
30
31 http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-tip-prompt/
32
33 Dale
34
36
37 P. S. Happy New Year ma'am.
40 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
41
42 Miss the compile output? Hint:
43 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"