From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tips on running a mail server in a cheap vps provider run but not-so-trusty admins?
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 00:24:06
1 On 8/28/20 5:00 PM, Grant Taylor wrote:
2 > On 8/28/20 1:18 PM, antlists wrote:
3 >> The main reason other applications use "TCP over HTTP(S)" is because
4 >> stupid network operators block everything else!
5 >
6 > I agree that filtering is a problem.
7 >
8 > I also think that it's something that most people can overcome when they
9 > control the firewall between the private LAN and the Internet.� (Your
10 > typical SOHO NATing gateway.)
11 >
12 > The few times that I have run into filtering, it has been for
13 > uninitiated inbound connections.� I've almost always been able to
14 > initiate outbound connections to / from odd ports.� The few times that I
15 > could not do so in the last 20 years were resolved by engaging the ISP
16 > and ... politely ... getting them to knock it off.� Inbound can be more
17 > tricky.� But even inbound HTTP(S) was subject to the same problems.
18 > Actually, inbound HTTP(S) was more of a problem than other ports.
22 The more I hear, the more the FEDS and judges need to get involve. From
23 what I read, it's and education problem. This is commonly referred to as
24 'racketeering'
25 and is extremely illegal, meaning the FEDS fine them super high amounts
26 of money, and judges rubber stamp the fines.
27
28 You want to play and compete in the US? A fair economic playground is
29 constitutionally required. There is so
30 much case law, that it is ridiculous. What case law does is establish
31 precedence. And that precedence of relevant case builds a HUGH argument
32 that most judges will not ignore. Combine that with the fact that the
33 general public, will side with us? SlameDunk, in legal parlance.
34
35 Anyone with access to legal precedence setting case law, can research
36 this out. I had no idea what a pile of Horse S. this has become. It is
37 totally illegal. Even if I were to loose, on Gentoo's behalf, a legal
38 battle, going public will destroy their pierce strings. All of this
39 should be codified in RFCs, or labeled as optional.
40 WE do need to get organized, before seeking legal moguls to assist this
41 public effort.
42
43 The more I dig, the more I realize it is way past time to fix this
44 illegal activity. My guess is a well documented and organized effort is
45 the first step.
46 Then a few mavericks educating politicians and filing briefs with the
47 court systems will get the ball rolling.
48
49 I kicked Verizon's Ass, back when they were call GTE, so it's routine
50 for me to kick some big corps ass. If we get, just 0.1 % of their
51 subscribers onboard, it's a done deal.
52
53 Cell phone criminal activity by the big telco operators is 'part and
54 parcel' to this HS too. My question is have a few technical devs had
55 enough? There are plenty of tech-savie High School kids that need
56 jobs. Think of it as a jobs program. Started here in the US, but easily
57 expandable to most countries.
58
59 https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/08/27/china-tech-facebook-google/
60