From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GNOME: Selecting shut down in the menu sometimes lands me back a gdm login screen.
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 16:47:22
1 On Wednesday 03 February 2010 09:15:05 ubiquitous1980 wrote:
2 > Daniel Troeder wrote:
3 > > On 02/02/2010 06:10 PM, ubiquitous1980 wrote:
4 > >> Selecting shut down in the menu sometimes lands me back a gdm login
5 > >> screen. At other times, the computer shuts down normally.
6 > >
7 > > When I had similar problems it was sometimes because of
8 > > permission-problems when talking to some service over the dbus. Check
9 > > your ~/.xsession-errors for "dbus-send...." errors.
10 > >
11 > > Just a wild guess :)
12 > > Daniel
13 >
14 > It hasn't done it in the last few reboots, but I have nopasted it:
15 > http://dpaste.com/154084/ to see if you might find any problems
18 Please don't use short-lived URL shorteners here. This list is archived and
19 after a time your posted info goes away and cannot help any future user.
20
21 The post was very small anyway and it's perfectly acceptable to insert it in-
22 line.
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com