From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysql use flag witout server, using only client libaries
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 22:02:31
1 On 7/31/2010 1:58 AM, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On 29 Jul 2010, at 21:37, Tomas Krasnican wrote:
4 >> ... But, when is the mysql in the depend part of rc script (for
5 >> example, when you emerge syslog-ng with mysql enabled flag, that will
6 >> be puted here automaticly), the running localy database is required
7 >> for start this service. It is not required to have it rc-enabled the
8 >> mysql database, because you have already enabled another service,
9 >> which it requires..
10 >
11 > Surely the rc-scripts should use "before" and "after" instead of "needs"
12 > or "depends". I haven't looked at this recently, but I'm pretty sure
13 > there used to be such a distinction.
14 >
15 > Stroller.
16
17 For grins I compiled sql support into syslog-ng. Here's the new rc script.
18
19 depend() {
20 need net
21 use mysql dns logger netmount postgresql
22 after sshd
23 }
24
25 It'll load after Mysql only if it exists in the current runlevel. As
26 other people have said, there isn't any problem to solve here.
27
28 kashani