From: David Morgan <david.morgan@××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no sound when playing flash
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:05:53
1 On 15:22 Tue 28 Feb , Zac Slade wrote:
2 > Or as I found there are alternatives here, try launching firefox with artsdsp
3 > firefox, or alternatively aoss firefox. This will play all sound through a
4 > muxer and will allow it to play nice even on machines without hardware
5 > mixing.
6 >
7 > So to recap, you don't need esd anymore, just working OSS (ALSA provides OSS
8 > compatibility). If you are having trouble with it playing while other things
9 > are playing sound try using aoss or artsdsp to mux the sounds for you (or esd
10 > if you like).
14 aoss firefox works, and I've changed line 454 of
15 /usr/libexec/mozilla-launcher to
16
17 aoss "$mozbin" "$@" &
18
19 which will hopefully do the same thing
22 djm
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list