From: Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CFLAGS for Pentium Dual Core E2160 ?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 00:51:36
1 On Nov 10, 2007 12:19 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 >
3 > Greets, I recently bought a new CPU for my mythtv-box, it's a Pentium
4 > Dual E2160 ....
5 >
6 > Currently I use
7 >
8 > CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium4 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
9 >
10 > as I moved the system over from a Pentium 4 (which just crashed).
11 >
12 > Things work fine so far, I checked google and
13 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/Safe_Cflags for a hint, also browsed the
14 > GCC-docs, but haven't yet found anything specific.
15 >
16 > It's not really important, I don't face any problems, but as I just
17 > think of it again I thought I just post a request, as that CPU isn't
18 > mentioned in that Wiki-page.
19 >
20 > Any recommended "-march" for that CPU? Maybe it helps with mythtv.
21 >
22 > Thanks in advance, Stefan.
23 >
24 > ===> (the following shows 1200 MHz because of cpufreqd ...)
25 >
26 > # cat /proc/cpuinfo
27 > processor : 0
28 > vendor_id : GenuineIntel
29 > cpu family : 6
30 > model : 15
31 > model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz
32 > stepping : 13
33 > cpu MHz : 1200.000
34 > cache size : 1024 KB
35 > physical id : 0
36 > siblings : 2
37 > core id : 0
38 > cpu cores : 2
39 > fdiv_bug : no
40 > hlt_bug : no
41 > f00f_bug : no
42 > coma_bug : no
43 > fpu : yes
44 > fpu_exception : yes
45 > cpuid level : 10
46 > wp : yes
47 > flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
48 > mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
49 > constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
50 > bogomips : 3601.80
51 > clflush size : 64
52
53 -march=nocona is what you are looking for.
57 There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
58 Those who can count, and those who can't.
59 --
60 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list