From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel config for eee w/Atom N270 CPU
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:11:49
1 On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Kelly Hirai<kelly@×××××××.edu> wrote:
2 > the N270 is a single core with hyperthreading, which will apear as 2
3 > cpus (with the same core id) in dmesg.
4
5 Ah, I forgot about hyperthreading masquerading as multiple CPUs. In
6 that case, Maxim can safely disable SMP if he wants to. I don't know
7 if the theoretical speed gains of disabling SMP outweigh the
8 theoretical speed gains of enabling hyperthreading. I think it'll
9 probably be about the same either way.