From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happened to OpenRC 0.9.6?
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 00:30:29
1 On Dec 12, 2011 6:00 AM, "Neil Bothwick" <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 22:48:11 +0000, James Broadhead wrote:
4 >
5 > > > Parallel doesn't work correctly, and it shouldn't be enabled unless
6 > > > you're looking for fun ways to break stuff.
7 > >
8 > > It's worked for me ever since I switched all of my machines to OpenRC
9 > > a year+(?) ago.
10 >
11 > You are not a representative sample.
14 worksforme
15
16 In production servers, even. Virtualized on top of XenServer. All of them
17 last updated last week.
18
19 > > "We broke it, so let's just remove the comments about it" _is_ a
20 > > cynical response.
21 >
22 > Maybe, but those are your words. How about "it is known to be buggy and
23 > no one has the time or inclination to maintain it..."
24 >
25 > The fact that such a glaring bug slipped through on the 0.9.6 release
26 > indicates that this is likely to be the case.
29 Too bad.
30
31 I much prefer OpenRC to systemd our upstart.
32
33 Rgds,