From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happened to OpenRC 0.9.6?
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 22:58:49
1 On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 22:48:11 +0000, James Broadhead wrote:
2
3 > > Parallel doesn't work correctly, and it shouldn't be enabled unless
4 > > you're looking for fun ways to break stuff.
5 >
6 > It's worked for me ever since I switched all of my machines to OpenRC
7 > a year+(?) ago.
8
9 You are not a representative sample.
10
11 > "We broke it, so let's just remove the comments about it" _is_ a
12 > cynical response.
13
14 Maybe, but those are your words. How about "it is known to be buggy and
15 no one has the time or inclination to maintain it..."
16
17 The fact that such a glaring bug slipped through on the 0.9.6 release
18 indicates that this is likely to be the case.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Don't let your mind wander, it's too little to be let out alone.