From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo File Manager
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 01:43:38
1 081224 Mick wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 23 December 2008, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> FYI & others', there's a very nice lightweight FM called 'vifm',
4 >> which is in Portage & uses Vim-style commands in a terminal;
5 >> no FM cb faster & it's highly configurable with many features.
6 >> When I want to do heavy lifting, I use Krusader, which is very powerful.
7 > Can you set up which application will open a file
8 > when :view is run depending on the type of file?
9
10 In ~/.vifm/vifmarc2.0 , I have
11
12 # The file type is for the default programs to be used with
13 # a file extension.
14 # FILETYPE=description=extension1,extension2=defaultprogram, program2
15 # FILETYPE=Web=html,htm,shtml=links,mozilla,elvis
16 # would set links as the default program for .html .htm .shtml files
17 # The other pgms for the file type can be accessed with the :file command
18 # The command macros %f, %F, %d, %F may be used in the commands.
19 # The %a macro is ignored. To use a % you must put %%.
20
21 FILETYPE=Web=html,htm=lynx,dillo
22 FILETYPE=Object=o=nm %f | less
23 FILETYPE=Image=jpg,jpeg,png,gif=feh
24 FILETYPE=Archive=tar.gz,tgz=tar -tzf %f | less,tar -zxvf %f
25
26 so it opens images with my favorite 'feh' (also worth looking into).
30 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
31 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
32 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca