From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo File Manager
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 00:11:47
1 On Tuesday 23 December 2008, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 081223 Mick wrote:
3 > > I am running Fluxbox which is lighter than KDE
4 > > and when I just want to poke around a GUI quickly
5 > > I have found that Konqueror takes quite a few seconds to fire up.
6 > > Gentoo (file manager) pops up in no time at all and uses less resources.
7 >
8 > FYI & others', there's a very nice lightweight FM called 'vifm',
9 > which is in Portage & uses Vim-style commands in a terminal;
10 > no FM cb faster & it's highly configurable with many features.
11 > When I want to do heavy lifting, I use Krusader, which is very powerful.
12
13 Can you set up which application will open a file when :view is run depending
14 on the type of file?
15 --
16 Regards,
17 Mick